20+ Amazing Examples Of Content I Wish We Created
I have to admit that I really geek out when I see a great piece of content.
Just look at this photo featured above from Flickr. Amazing! Right?
I really like to learn from my colleagues and peers around the world who I think are doing an amazing job of creating great content I wish I had a role in creating for my business.
Sure I could just gather up all the stuff my team and I created and promote it here. But that’s kind of totally against the point of content marketing: helping others with content they actually want or need.
In the Rise of Visual Storytelling I said that we need to become “voracious consumers and students” of great content. As part of that process, I am always collecting examples and new ideas of content marketing. Content that people actually want, like, consume and share.
Videos, Photos and Vines I Wish We Created
- A Conference Call in Real Life – This video from Tripp and Taylor is one of the funniest videos I’ve ever seen.
- What My Mom Does At GE “Childlike Imagination” – My kids know this commercial by heart and re-enact it all the time.
- Jean-Claude Van Damme’s Epic Split for Volvo – just awesome!
- Dove Real Beauty Sketches – Try keeping your eyes dry for this one.
- God Made A Farmer – Dodge Superbowl Commercial 2013
- This Video, Made by a Bank, Will Give You the Chills – From Hubspot
- Squarespace Superbowl Ad or these other 2014 Super Bowl Ads Worth Watching
- GE “Science Fair” Vines – bring out the child in all of us.
- Humor and B2B Marketing: A Love Story – The future of customer videos! This is an article by Ann Handley covering a video by the amazing and talented Tim Washer.
- Maersk on Facebook. Photos of ships! And 1.8 Million people like them See one great example here.
- The 62 Most Mesmerizing Photos From the Winter Olympics ~ By Leah Goldman at Business Insider
Articles I Wish We Wrote
- Extra Virgin Suicide ~ the NY Times Interactive Opinion piece shows how much of the Extra Virgin Olive Oil sold around the world may be labeled incorrectly.
- Leadership Is About Emotion ~ Meghan Biro talks on Forbes about the one trait shared by great leaders.
- What Can We Expect From The Next Decade of Marketing ~ By Forbes Contributor Greg Satell,
- Starbucks’ Tweetable Coffee Program is a Lesson in Real-Time Marketing ~By Sam Fiorella
- Here’s Where Teens Are Going Instead of Facebook ~ by By Forbes Contributor Parmy Olson
- Smithsonian Now Allows Anyone to 3D Print (Some) Historic Artifacts ~ By Forbes Contributor Eric Mack.
- Is Innovation Leading to a New Age of Productivity in the U.S.? ~ How big data is driving innovation from BusinessWeek.
Slideshares I Wish We Created
- Personal Branding for Human Resources – How to take risks and navigate the social web to advance your career by Laurie Ruettimann
- 52 Tools For Any Company to Innovate Like a Startup – by Nick De Mey, founder of the Board of Innovation
- 2014 Is Crunch Time – Ross Dawson believes these 14 trends will disrupt us all in 2014. More Trends and Predictions: The Biggest Trends of 2014, Enter Into the 4th Industrial Revolution
- What Would Steve Do? 10 Lessons from the World’s Most Captivating Presenters from HubSpot
- The Sharing Economy from Loic Le Meur (founder of LeWeb) which gave rise to The Collaborative Economy by Jeremiah Owyang
Curated Lists I Wish We Created
- 25 Places That Look Not Normal But Are Actually Real ~ Buzzfeed sponsores by Mini USA. Still one of the best sponsored posts.
- 19 Tweets That Will Make You Think Differently About Amazon’s Drones ~ Mashable
- 50 Powerful Statistics About Tech Mega Trends Affecting Every Business from Vala Afshar
- 6 Ways To Create Great Content ~ by Mark Schaefer
- 25 Unbelievable Travel Destinations You Never Knew Existed ~ By Megan Willett on Business Insider
Daily Insights Delivered To Your Inbox
Get the latest updates from the Marketing Insiders and receive 10 Content Marketing ROI Formulas and Calculations from my book The Content Formula.