As everyone knows, a logo is the original image of the full or abbreviated name of a brand or a special non-alphabetic figure. Psychologists say that the logo is a true indicator of the success of the project in the eyes of a visitor and a certain signal of trust.
As a rule, a logo reflects not only the brand’s name or slogan but also the basic idea, the call to the audience, and so on (you can see the examples of good logos here).
Before creating the logo by yourself or preparing the task to the designers, please consider the following tips:
- What is the business of your company? Who is the target audience? Clear answers to these two questions will help you in defining the logo concept.
- Make sketches on the paper along with keywords.
- Think about the emotional idea of the logo. For example, you can use symbolism or, conversely, irony, etc. It depends on the main purpose of the logo, i.e. the message you want to convey to customers.
- To be scalable without quality loss, the logo must be of a vector format. To create such a logo, you can use Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator.
- Do not include any marks of others that may be protected by law (for example, coat of arms and flag of the country, well-known logos, etc.) or agree such an inclusion with appropriate representatives.
- Make sure that the logo is balanced (you can see good examples of such ones here). If it consists of at least two elements – they must be in balance and harmony (check it by the sense of the greatest possible number of independent observers).
- Decide whether to use complex graphics effects in the logo. For example, if you plan to use the logo in web design, the gradient will help it to become more volumetric and deep. If printing on billboards or low tide in metal or plastic, the gradient is not appropriate.
- Try your logo in black and white. A good logo should work in one color. Complex and multi-colored logos have many limitations. The correct logo should not lose its qualities due to the reversal of colors and monochromaticism.
On this url, you’ll find some awkward result of “impressive” design skills.
The Simplest Methods to Make the Logo More Attractive
- Pouring. Pour paint letters with a spectrum of colors to revive the logo and make it less formal. Q, O, D are the most suitable letters since they have enough inner space. Trying to fill in any other letter with a small color area, you may just blur it. Using structural pouring, please choose not more than a few basic colors.
- Use geometry. For example, you can make the inscription in a certain geometrical figure: circle, ellipse, square, etc. At first glance, it’s a primitive method, but you can apply associative approach: for example, a circle or an oval with lines of latitude and longitude successfully applied in the field of international relations or travel.
- Abbreviation. This method is the leader in the number of produced logos. If you are too lazy to come up with something, the abbreviation may play well for you. Check out the examples of such logos at this website.
Of course, you can’t design a high-quality logo without paying due attention to the psychology of color. If you want to create a sustained and business style, please use “cool” colors like blue, violet, and turquoise or gradation from black to white through shades of gray. To create a more emotional and “living” design, use “warm” color like shades of orange, green, yellow, and red. By increasing the level of color saturation, you can make the design more emotional and memorable, and vice versa.
A sense of depth and space emphasizes the “realness” of the picture and focuses on the future. This technique is used not so often, but, nevertheless, it is very effective.
The Factors that Could Negatively Affect the Perception of the Logo
- Social: the logo is too obviously focused on the rich customers.
- Geographical: violation of the traditions of your target audience.
- Political: connecting your brand with certain political beliefs or figures.
- Religious: every religion has its inherent symbolism and vocabulary, the use of which can attract or repel the supporters.
The professionally designed logo can give your business a significant boost and help to attract the attention of customers, and that is exactly what you need. The logo is a visual representation of your company, a sign that gives answers to questions about your products and services. Each logo requires a unique approach that can be found combining theory and practical experience.