How To Improve Your Content Conversion Rate
You probably know that improving your content conversion rate is one of the best ways to grow your business with digital marketing. Now you just need to figure out how you can increase your content conversion rate.
Luckily, our experts know a lot about high-quality content and are sure the right content marketing strategy is the key to success. An effective strategy optimized for conversion is guaranteed to not only increase your business’s content conversion rate, but also gain more traffic, prospects, loyal customers and sales revenue.
- 81% of marketing experts view content as a core business strategy
- There are several types of conversion, such as traffic, prospects, leads, registration and purchases
- Average conversion rates for B2B companies typically fall between 0.5-1%
- 51% of businesses that invest in content marketing post content everyday
- Demonstrating your company’s expertise via content creation is key to increasing your content conversion rate
Establishing an effective content marketing strategy and optimizing your content for conversions is the best way to increase your content conversion rate.
What Is A Content Conversion Rate?
To measure the effectiveness of a company’s content, marketers use content conversion rates. These rates represent the percentage of converted users among the total number of visitors to your content page.
Businesses with high content conversion rates are likely to have an effective content marketing strategy, whereas low rates indicate room for improvement. Average conversion rates for B2B companies typically fall between 0.5-1%.
Image Source: Oberlo
Wondering what your business’s content conversion rate is? Find it by using the formula below.
Image Source: TextBroker
If your content conversion rate is lower than you’d hoped, there’s no need to panic. Raising your conversion rate is simple – but first, it’s important to understand the different types of customer actions that are considered conversions.
Types of Conversion
Contrary to popular belief, conversions are more than sales revenue. Conversions happen when site visitors complete one of many desired goals that lead to becoming a paying customer. Some of the most common types of conversions include:
- Traffic. Increasing the quality of your site traffic through advertising, SEO and high-quality content is likely to raise your conversion rate.
- Prospects. Site visitors interested in your company’s products and services are likely to turn into prospective customers.
- Leads. When prospects share their contact information, they become leads. Whether they want a free download or register for your newsletter, leads are more likely to become customers.
- Registration. Good site structure and clearly defined content encourage prospects to sign up for a personal account with your company.
- Purchase. Once a purchase is made, prospects and leads become paying customers. This both increases your sales revenue and conversion rate.
When your content successfully leads to one of the aspects above, it has effectively increased your business’s content conversion rate.
Why Is Your Content Conversion Rate Important?
Optimizing your content conversion rate is important because it allows you to gain more value from visitors and users already interested in your business.
A healthy content conversion rate is so important that 51% of businesses investing in content marketing post content everyday. Not only will consistent content increase revenue per site visitor, but also gain more customers and enhance the overall growth of your business.
When it comes to conversion rates, there’s always room for improvement. Even the most successful companies are always trying to improve their sites to grow their business. Luckily, there are several simple ways to optimize your content that will help improve your content conversion rate, too.
How To Improve Your Content Conversion Rate
With original, engaging content, you can inspire your audience to take action towards making a purchase, ultimately improving your content conversion rate. Here are the most effective ways to enhance your content and encourage conversions.
Use Attention-Grabbing Headlines
Having an immediate impact on readers is critical to grabbing their attention. According to the graph below, using numbers, addressing the reader directly and including “how to” in headlines are the three most effective ways to intrigue your readers.
Image Source: Moz
Keep in mind that your headline represents the main point of your content. That means it needs to be clear and straightforward in order to let the reader know what they’re going to learn about. By using numbers and “how to” terminology, you can grab your reader’s attention, add value and encourage conversions.
To learn more about the importance of attention-grabbing headlines, enjoy the short video below.
Video Source: Khattak
Know Your Audience
Knowing your audience is key to creating content that converts. The purpose of content is to engage and motivate readers, and doing so is much easier when you know which problems your audience needs to solve.
To improve your content conversion rate, create and share content that addresses your audience’s:
- Wants and desires
- Knowledge of your products and services
Instead of focusing on selling your product, prioritize providing a solution. By educating your audience and offering a practical solution to their problems, you’re likely to increase your company’s content conversion rate.
Optimize High-Performing Blog Posts
Blogging is so valuable that 53% of marketers prioritize posting consistently. Optimizing your blog page can strengthen your company by increasing site traffic, building customer relationships and encouraging engagement.
To optimize your blog content, start by identifying which of your posts have seen the highest levels of web traffic. Then, drive more traffic to these posts by sharing on social media, sending in email newsletters, or updating as needed. By driving more quality traffic to posts that have performed well, you can ensure that new visitors will be likely to convert.
Write Strong Calls To Action
Increasing your conversion rate means writing powerful and compelling CTAs, or calls to action. Whether you’re asking your audience to complete a survey or make a purchase, being clear, concise and intentional in inspiring readers to take action is key. You should also:
- Be direct and straightforward
- Use action verbs
- Motivate your audience
- Prioritize persuasive, powerful messaging
Lastly, consider the placement of your CTAs. They should appear above page-folds, along the side of your landing pages or at the bottom of blog posts.
Demonstrate your business’s value and expertise to build confidence in your readers and encourage them to convert. By completing the actions below, you can establish your company’s credibility and build confidence in your audience.
- Share original research. Sharing facts and figures related to your industry will educate your audience and strengthen your reader’s understanding of your company.
- Include how to use products and services. Sharing how-to information related to your products and services positions your company as an expert and builds trust.
- Show trends in your offering. Including trends related to your company will build confidence among your audience and show them how your product will enable them to participate.
- Cite other authorities. Including statistics, data and citations from well-known industry players positions your company as an expert and encourages readers to trust your content.
When you integrate these aspects into your content creation consistently, both the value of your content and content conversion rate will increase.
Raise Your Content Conversion Rate Today
Raising your content conversion rate is one of the best ways to start gaining loyal customers and generating more sales revenue. There are many different ways to optimize your content to support your marketing efforts.
No time to create more content? No problem. Content marketing experts can help you create content optimized to increase your conversion rate. Start building your optimized content portfolio by checking out our weekly blog content service today, or schedule a free consultation now!