Top 20 Content Marketing Blogs You Should Read Every Day
What are the top content marketing blogs you read every day?
This is a question I get asked all the time.
It’s not easy to stay on top of the latest news and updates in content marketing. Smart marketers and business leaders follow the latest content marketing trends, tips, tricks, and hacks by reading the top content marketing blogs every day.
Why? Because companies that blog see 6 times the revenue vs. companies that don’t. Businesses that create consistent weekly content have 2-6 times more leads. Our clients see an average of 138% year-over-year growth in traffic and leads and a 7x Content Marketing ROI.
So that’s why we’re curating the latest in content marketing from the best content marketing blogs. While there is a long list of blogs and media sites I browse, a bunch of great B2B Marketing blog sites, and many, many more sites I could mention, this is my go-to list of top content marketing blogs I read every day. And you should too!
The list spans across everything from online publishers, to marketing technology tools, to non-profit associations, to startup founder blogs, to other digital marketing agencies, to research organizations, and to independent content marketing consultants.
I’ve also listed some of the top articles for each site, according to one of my favorite content marketing tools to give you a flavor for what they publish.
❤️ PS – I put together these 10 tips for optimizing your content marketing. Watch Now!
- Content Marketing Institute
- Marketing Insider Group
- Orbit Media
- Ann Handley’s Blog
- Content Strategist
- Optin Monster
- SmartBrief on Marketing
1. Content Marketing Institute (@CMIContent) – everything you need to know about content marketing. If you pick one resource, this is the one. The amazing team at CMI know how to do it right. They don’t just talk the talk, they walk the walk too with awesome conversions, focus on subscriptions and a print magazine to boot. Best article of the past year? 100+ Content Marketing Trends and Predictions for Success in 2022 by Stephanie Stahl.
PS – Check out our latest case study that shows how we helped one company double their leads!
2. MarketingProfs (@MarketingProfs) – Led by their amazing Chief Content Officer @AnnHandley, this is one of the best resources covering the latest trends and thought leadership in marketing. If you only pick two sites, these are the two to read and share. Best article of the past year? 5 Steps to Prepare for First-Party Data By Jonathan Moran
3. Hubspot (@Hubspot) – The top resource for inbound marketers. Hubspot has been one of the best content marketing examples to emulate right from the very beginning. Best article of the past year? Which Social Media Channels See the Most ROI? [New Data + Expert Tips] By Caroline Forsey
4. Marketing Insider Group (@MKTGInsiders) We are in fact the #4 most-read content marketing blog according to Rock Content and Feedspot. But I don’t want to be too presumptuous. You be the judge. My top posts of the last year are Google Makes It Official: Content Marketing Is Now the #1 Ranking Factor, How to Make a Content Calendar You’ll Actually Use, Why Social Media Isn’t Enough To Drive Your Business Growth, the Link Between PR and SEO and How Can You Leverage It, and 9 Examples of Ebooks that Convert Like Crazy
PS – Check out our weekly blog content service to grow your website traffic and leads!
5. Orbit Media run by my friend Andy Crestodina is a must-read! I devour every single post these guys publish because they are always jam=packed with insights, stats and action items. Top post in the last year: How to Design A Blog: The 13 Best Practices of the Top 100+ Marketing Blogs. Pure gold!
6. MarTech shares content and experiences that educate, engage and support you in your daily mission as a professional working at the intersection of marketing and technology. Best article in the last year: Getting back to basics: Marketing ROI. Oh I really like that one 😉
7. Moz (@Moz) is he industry’s top wizards, doctors, and other experts offer their best advice, research, how-tos, and insights—all in the name of helping you level-up your SEO and online marketing skills. Best article in the last year: 22 Smart Google SEO Tips for 2022.
8. Copyblogger (@Copyblogger) “Since January 2006, Copyblogger has been teaching people how to create killer online content. Not bland corporate crap created to fill up a company webpage. Valuable information that attracts attention, drives traffic, and builds your business.” How to Write a Good Blog Post: 7 Practical Steps By Sonia Simone
9. Digiday (@Digiday) Provides news and analysis to stay ahead of the trends transforming media and marketing. Their top post in the past year: Facebook collecting people’s data even when accounts are deactivated
10. eMarketer (@eMarketer) is a great marketer resource for stats. Hers’s their top article of the past year: TikTok to surpass YouTube in US.
11. MarketingSherpa (@MarketingSherpa) provides research reports and blogs on marketing. And their top article of the past year is Marketing 101: What is digital marketing?
12. DivvyHQ (DivvyHQ) is a leading content marketing platform for planning, creating, sharing, and analyzing your content efforts across the enterprise. In fact, we use them here at MIG to manage all our clients content! Their top post from the past year is How to Increase Your Site Authority with Every Piece of Content You Add by their co-founder Brody Dorland.
13. Ann Handley’s Blog (@AnnHandley) Ann Handley is a lovely writer, a digital marketing pioneer, and Wall Street Journal best-selling author who truly inspires people to create marketing that your customers will love, igniting real results for your business. Her best post in the past 12 months is Public Speaking for Introverts (And Those Who Forget How to Be Around People).
14. Optimizely Creating digital experiences that transform your company takes data-driven decisions, continued experimentation and constant invention. Optimizely Digital Experience Platform helps you unlock your digital potential and their blog supports content and digital experience management. Their top post this past year is The smart CMO’s guide to building a marketing analytics tool stack.
15. Content Strategist this blog by one of the original content tech platforms has been sharing content marketing advice for some time. Their top article is Brand Voice Study: Should Your Content Be Authoritative or Agreeable?
16. Buzzsumo Blog is awesome in that they use their own platform to deliver content marketing insights like this top post from the past year: The Top 100 Content Marketers You Need To Follow Right Now. Also thanks to them for giving me the tool to find each site’s top content!
17. Televerde is an integrated sales, marketing and customer care solutions organization that delivers pipeline, revenue as a service, and customer experience expertise with a human touch, best-in-class technology, and an operating model that is resilient to shifting market condition. Their top article is How a Strong B2B Brand Purpose Wins Customers (And Hearts)
18.Optin Monster writes about my favorite topic after content marketing: conversion! Here is one of their top content marketing posts: How to Write a Great Headline That Drives Clicks -Step by Step
19. Semrush is another tool we use here at MIG every day as I am checking on our client’s search rankings and results to make sure we give them the best content. Here is Semrush’s best piece of content in the past year: The Anatomy of Top-Performing Organic Content in 2022
20. SmartBrief on Marketing does a great job at curating the latest news on content marketing related articles from all over the web. Their top piece of content is Top Career Advice from Marketing Leaders
Did I miss one of your favorites? Or is one of your top resources too low on the list? Please let me know in the comments below!
Here at Marketing Insider Group, we specialize in blog writing and content marketing services. We’ve helped our clients take their businesses to new heights through quality content creation and SEO. We’d love to help you produce the engaging content your target audience is craving so you can boost traffic and rankings while winning ideal clients.