What are the top content marketing blogs you read every day?
This is a question I get asked all the time.
It’s not easy to stay on top of the latest news and updates in content marketing. Smart marketers and business leaders follow the latest content marketing trends, tips, tricks, and hacks by reading the top content marketing blogs every day.
Why? Because companies that blog see 6 times the revenue vs. companies that don’t. Businesses that create consistent weekly content have 2-6 times more leads. Our clients see an average of 138% year-over-year growth in traffic and leads and a 7x Content Marketing ROI.
So that’s why we’re curating the latest in content marketing from the best content marketing blogs. While there is a long list of blogs and media sites I browse, a bunch of great B2B Marketing blog sites, and many, many more sites I could mention, this is my go-to list of top content marketing blogs I read every day. And you should too!
The list spans across everything from online publishers, to marketing technology tools, to non-profit associations, to startup founder blogs, to other digital marketing agencies, to research organizations, and to independent content marketing consultants.
I’ve also listed some of the top articles for each site, according to one of my favorite content marketing tools to give you a flavor for what they publish.
And if I missed someone you read every day, please let me know in the comments below?
The Top 20 Content Marketing Blogs You Should Read Every Day
- Content Marketing Institute
- Marketing Insider Group
- Orbit Media
- Ann Handley’s Blog
- Content Strategist
- Optin Monster
- SmartBrief on Marketing
1. Content Marketing Institute (@CMIContent) – everything you need to know about content marketing. If you pick one resource, this is the one. The amazing team at CMI know how to do it right. They don’t just talk the talk, they walk the walk too with awesome conversions, focus on subscriptions and a print magazine to boot. Best article of the past year? 100+ Content Marketing Trends and Predictions for Success in 2022 by Stephanie Stahl.
2. MarketingProfs (@MarketingProfs) – Led by their amazing Chief Content Officer @AnnHandley, this is one of the best resources covering the latest trends and thought leadership in marketing. If you only pick two sites, these are the two to read and share. Best article of the past year? 5 Steps to Prepare for First-Party Data By Jonathan Moran
3. Hubspot (@Hubspot) – The top resource for inbound marketers. Hubspot has been one of the best content marketing examples to emulate right from the very beginning. Best article of the past year? Which Social Media Channels See the Most ROI? [New Data + Expert Tips] By Caroline Forsey
4. Marketing Insider Group (@MKTGInsiders) We are in fact the #4 most-read content marketing blog according to Rock Content and Feedspot. But I don’t want to be too presumptuous. You be the judge. My top posts of the last year are Google Makes It Official: Content Marketing Is Now the #1 Ranking Factor, How to Make a Content Calendar You’ll Actually Use, Why Social Media Isn’t Enough To Drive Your Business Growth, the Link Between PR and SEO and How Can You Leverage It, and 9 Examples of Ebooks that Convert Like Crazy
5. Orbit Media run by my friend Andy Crestodina is a must-read! I devour every single post these guys publish because they are always jam=packed with insights, stats and action items. Top post in the last year: How to Design A Blog: The 13 Best Practices of the Top 100+ Marketing Blogs. Pure gold!
6. MarTech shares content and experiences that educate, engage and support you in your daily mission as a professional working at the intersection of marketing and technology. Best article in the last year: Getting back to basics: Marketing ROI. Oh I really like that one 😉
7. Moz (@Moz) is he industry’s top wizards, doctors, and other experts offer their best advice, research, how-tos, and insights—all in the name of helping you level-up your SEO and online marketing skills. Best article in the last year: 22 Smart Google SEO Tips for 2022.
8. Copyblogger (@Copyblogger) “Since January 2006, Copyblogger has been teaching people how to create killer online content. Not bland corporate crap created to fill up a company webpage. Valuable information that attracts attention, drives traffic, and builds your business.” How to Write a Good Blog Post: 7 Practical Steps By Sonia Simone
9. Digiday (@Digiday) Provides news and analysis to stay ahead of the trends transforming media and marketing. Their top post in the past year: Facebook collecting people’s data even when accounts are deactivated
10. eMarketer (@eMarketer) is a great marketer resource for stats. Hers’s their top article of the past year: TikTok to surpass YouTube in US.
11. MarketingSherpa (@MarketingSherpa) provides research reports and blogs on marketing. And their top article of the past year is Marketing 101: What is digital marketing?
12. DivvyHQ (DivvyHQ) is a leading content marketing platform for planning, creating, sharing, and analyzing your content efforts across the enterprise. In fact, we use them here at MIG to manage all our clients content! Their top post from the past year is How to Increase Your Site Authority with Every Piece of Content You Add by their co-founder Brody Dorland.
13. Ann Handley’s Blog (@AnnHandley) Ann Handley is a lovely writer, a digital marketing pioneer, and Wall Street Journal best-selling author who truly inspires people to create marketing that your customers will love, igniting real results for your business. Her best post in the past 12 months is Public Speaking for Introverts (And Those Who Forget How to Be Around People).
14. Optimizely Creating digital experiences that transform your company takes data-driven decisions, continued experimentation and constant invention. Optimizely Digital Experience Platform helps you unlock your digital potential and their blog supports content and digital experience management. Their top post this past year is The smart CMO’s guide to building a marketing analytics tool stack.
15. Content Strategist this blog by one of the original content tech platforms has been sharing content marketing advice for some time. Their top article is Brand Voice Study: Should Your Content Be Authoritative or Agreeable?
16. Buzzsumo Blog is awesome in that they use their own platform to deliver content marketing insights like this top post from the past year: The Top 100 Content Marketers You Need To Follow Right Now. Also thanks to them for giving me the tool to find each site’s top content!
17. Televerde is an integrated sales, marketing and customer care solutions organization that delivers pipeline, revenue as a service, and customer experience expertise with a human touch, best-in-class technology, and an operating model that is resilient to shifting market condition. Their top article is How a Strong B2B Brand Purpose Wins Customers (And Hearts)
18.Optin Monster writes about my favorite topic after content marketing: conversion! Here is one of their top content marketing posts: How to Write a Great Headline That Drives Clicks -Step by Step
19. Semrush is another tool we use here at MIG every day as I am checking on our client’s search rankings and results to make sure we give them the best content. Here is Semrush’s best piece of content in the past year: The Anatomy of Top-Performing Organic Content in 2022
20. SmartBrief on Marketing does a great job at curating the latest news on content marketing related articles from all over the web. Their top piece of content is Top Career Advice from Marketing Leaders
Did I miss one of your favorites? Or is one of your top resources too low on the list? Please let me know in the comments below!
Here at Marketing Insider Group, we specialize in blog writing and content marketing services. We’ve helped our clients take their businesses to new heights through quality content creation and SEO. We’d love to help you produce the engaging content your target audience is craving so you can boost traffic and rankings while winning ideal clients.
32 thoughts on “Top 20 Content Marketing Blogs You Should Read Every Day”
Michael – Great post. Just made sure I was following them all on Twitter. BTW – I think you mis-linked @MarketingProfs to @MarketingProf.
Thanks so much. Fixed now!
This is an epic list, thanks, there were two in there I did not know about. :=)
If I may share three additional ones which are not in here but I find hugely valuable:
– Smartinsights (!)
Thanks so much Mael. KIssmetrics and econsultancy are both good ones. I didn’t know Smartinsights but will definitely check them out now!
Great article Michael. I think Marketingland https://marketingland.com/ is another great resource.
Thanks Donna, great one.
Thank you, Michael, this information is so helpful! And yes, I have subscribed to your blog. Why? Because this post is exactly what great content marketing should be – informative, engaging, giving, credible and it gives me a level of trust. Therefore, you join the ranks of other experts I follow for best practices!
Wow, thanks Nikki. You really just made my day! I hope to continue to earn your trust.
Hey! What about http://www.thinkwithgoogle.com?
You are the second person to bring this up. The other was offline so thanks for the comment.
Thanks Michael for share. Great list of handy resourceful contents & blogs to go through.
Thanks for the list, Michael! There are some on there that I haven’t seen before and will add to my Feedly.
A couple essential biggies that aren’t on the list are Search Engine Land and Marketing Land to keep up on industry news as well as content marketing tips
Thanks so much Tracy!
A very useful blog. Thank you. I am a great fan of Marcus Sheridan. I saw him at Hubspot’s conference last year and his really gutsy delivery really got people’s attention. His blogs have a similarly direct and challenging style so I recommend them as a contrast with some of the (excellent) blogs that you have listed.
Thanks Ian, Marcus has a great blog and he’s an amazing speaker. He’s someone who belongs on any list of content marketing blogs to read for sure along with Velocity Partners and some of the others already mentioned here. Thanks for the input.
It’s really a Awesome List…Hope this list will help for beginners too…
Great article! I love [email protected]–https://coschedule.com/blog
Thanks Bari, I appreciate the feedback and will check it out!
Great list! I’m excited for Digiday. I hadn’t heard of that one before but I just subscribed.
Great list Michael! Neil Patel and Hubspot are pretty good.
This one is definitely good list. Really huge post with lots of information. Content Marketing Institute, Copyblogger and
QuickSprout are really favorite of mine. I think Jeffbullas and backlinko are also the best sources to learn Marketing techniques.
Just got around to seeing this fantastic list and resource (now bookmarked!). I think it’s important that as content marketers we continue to “fill the well” with content that resonates with our audience/customers. Goes without saying, I know. For ideas and/or for inspiration, may I suggest: SlideShare (https://www.slideshare.net/) or SlideShare’s blog (https://blog.slideshare.net/), and Open Forum (https://t.co/HDAkmxJYn1). Search for content or ‘content marketing’ topics that appeal to you or your audience. Thanks again!
Impressed a lot, such a great resource these are… Thanks for sharing.
Pretty remarkable list of marketing blogs you provided in here…Neil Patel is worth a read.
Thanks Michael. It helps. Hubspot is the best resource out of all and others too have regular insightful postings.
I really love the writing pattern of hubspot. It is straight to the point and keeps you engaged all the time.
Thanks Manmay, I agree they do a great job, especially for smaller businesses. I really think we can all learn something from all of these sites.
Excellent list of blogs! I already follow a lot of those, but some are hidden gems! 🙂 I’ll be adding to my Feedly account!
Great list! Another good source is PR Daily.
You just nailed it. There are 5 of those lists which I use to read not everyday, but at least every week. Social Media Examiner, Copy Blogger Blog, Marketing Profs, Content Marketing Blog, and Social Media Today. In fact, I usually give comments and feedbacks about their articles after reading them. I love their articles as it serves as a guide, a refresher, and it adds up to my knowledge everytime I read any of their latest posts.
Thanks Dale. I hope you’ll consider reading us each week or subscribing here as well 😉
Can I simply say what a relief to search out someone who truly is aware of what theyre talking about on the internet. You undoubtedly know methods to carry a difficulty to gentle and make it important. More folks must learn this and understand this facet of the story. I cant believe youre no more in style because you positively have the gift.
Thank you for sharing your blog, seems to be useful information can’t wait to dig deep! Really enjoyed your article as its highly informative
Comments are closed.