Video Is The Future Of Content Marketing
Lights! Camera! Conversion!
My great-grandmother Michaelena always told me – ‘you ought to be pictures … you sweety, little boy’. Little did I know she was advising me about my future and the future of content marketing!
More customers consume content as part of their buying journey – a likely mix of short attention span, content clutter and the evolution of the buyer. In fact, Microsoft reported in a 2015 study that humans have an 8-second attention span vs. a goldfish’s 9-second hold. So, if you are to hook and catch your customer – video seems to be the winning content bait.
Video content is the critical door into the content marketing world of your customers, influencers, and social media tribe – since it’s where the consumption trends and short-term differentiation sit. Brands who understand the potential impact of video can build solutions for the big content equations – finding a way to connect with their customers and differentiate from their competitors!
Research Backing Up Why Video Is The Future Of Content Marketing
Here is research provide some attention-getting insights on video and your customers:
- People Consume Video Content – Whether or Not You Create It. 74 percent of all internet traffic in 2017 will be video – suggesting video formats like Snapchat, Instagram, Vine and others will be must-view and must-produce content. (Source: SalesForce, 2015)
- Customers Purchase After Viewing A Video. 64 percent of consumers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it – suggesting you can monetize your video content marketing investment. (Source: Adelie Studios, 2015)
- Video Makes Your Brand Sticky – In A Good Way. The average internet user spends 88 percent more time on a website with video than without – indicating video can help drive the attention span around your brand. (Source: Adelie Studios, 2015)
- Most Of Your Competitors Are Not Using Video. Only 24 percent of brands are using online video to market to consumers – shining the light on a potential to increase your market share. (Source: Adelie Studios, 2015)
3 Key Ways Rock Your Content Marketing World With Video
1. Use Video To Tell Your Story. Do you create video because it’s a cool thing to do – because of a big event, popular trend, and it’s what you supposed to do? Or, do you tie your video creation to your overall business narrative or messaging house – so it supports your overall story?
2. Develop Your Video Content Creation Strategy. Do you create video content in a silo with your agency or social media marketing department? Or, do you think about your ‘big content’ strategy – variations of 6-second Vines, Instagram segments, animated GIFs ahead of time?
3. Create Your Video Content Distribution Strategy. It’s many a person’s dream to be in a video, but is your video content marketing strategy built on a field of dreams? If you create you video and no one views it – did you ever really create your video? A solid video marketing strategy needs to have an organic-first distribution plan including – Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, blogging, etc.
Now, I want to point the camera at you. Do you have a comment or feedback on video’s future in content marketing, brand building, and driving sales? If so, please comment below. Or, contact me directly at email@example.com, on Twitter at @GerryMoran or LinkedIn at in/GerryMoran
A Few More Posts About Video Content
If you found this video content marketing post interesting, then you should check out these other related posts!
- Blueprint For The Perfect YouTube Video Post
- 7 Ways To Get Your Video Viewed More
- 10 Customer Experiences You Need To Deliver Today
The future of content marketing is now – keeping your customers in their virtual seats and building a deeper relationship ahead of your competition. Before you pick up the camera and start to film, ask yourself the three questions I posed to help you drive big results from a big content strategy. And remember what my great grandmother told me – you ought to be in pictures.
The post Video Is The Future Of Content Marketing appeared first on Marketing Think.