In recent years, organic reach for top social networks has consistently declined. For marketers this is bad news, and it’s one of the top challenges that’s keeping us up at night.
How can you get more eyeballs and reach for your social media content?
One of the most effective ways to do this is through social media advertising. With targeted ad campaigns, you can promote your content to ensure it reaches the audience you want to target.
Here are the top promotion tips for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram:
Facebook Promotion Tips
- Boost posts when you create them. Use the Boost Post button after publishing a post to your Facebook page. This is extremely helpful when you’re using social sharing tools to post to your page.
- Boost posts from Facebook Insights. While reviewing your analytics, if you see a post that could use some extra eyeballs or could potentially go viral based on the current organic reach, click the Boost Post button and you’ll be shown audience targeting, scheduling and budgeting options you can choose from to promote your posts.
- Create new ads with Facebook Ads Manager. The quick and easy approach to boost your posts is from Facebook Insights. If you want more detailed options, Facebook Ads Manager is where you want to go. It lets you choose from advanced audience targeting, scheduling and budgeting options, so you can get the most out of your ad investment. There, you can also set up and save your custom audiences so you can target and promote your Facebook posts faster.
Twitter Promotion Tips
- Start a promoted tweet campaign. You can click on a tweet’s Analytics, which will show you its activity and an option to “Promote your Tweet.” Keep in mind that “Promote your Tweet” button doesn’t offer targeting or other detailed options.
- Use Twitter Ads. Twitter Ads gives you all the targeting, budgeting and scheduling options you don’t get from “Promote your Tweet” to promote your tweets. Make sure you use specific audience targeting so your tweet reaches the relevant audience to drive meaningful traffic and engagement to your business.
LinkedIn Promotion Tips
With LinkedIn, you can sponsor updates you post to your company page with the Sponsor Update button, or alternatively you can also do this using the Sponsor link from your LinkedIn page analytics.
Both the button and the link will take you to the LinkedIn Ads page where you can choose to sponsor content, then select the page and update what you want sponsor. From there, you get to choose your targeting, budgeting and scheduling options just like Facebook and Twitter.
Sponsoring your posts on LinkedIn allows your content to show up in the news feed of the business audience you are targeting, in a more native advertising approach, which isn’t as intrusive as traditional ads.
Pinterest Promotion Tips
Once you have your company Pinterest account set up, you can sign up for Pinterest Ads, which allows you to promote your pins. You’ll find this option at the top of your Pinterest profile, or alternatively you can go to the Pinterest Ads page and click the “Promote” button.
From there, you have two campaign goals you can choose for your promoted pins – boost engagement with your pins or drive traffic to your website. Either option will allow you to pick the pin you want to promote. Once you select your pin, you can include targeted keywords and audience relevant to your pins. You’re ready to start your campaign once you set your budget and billing information.
Instagram Promotion Tips
Instagram advertising isn’t available to everyone yet, but it is expected to expand globally in the coming months. It is worth mentioning now that Instagram ad formats can help drive website visits and offline sales. So this is something you will want to keep an eye out for as sponsored Instagram posts may be the only posts that will allow users to click through to your website.
Have you tried these targeted ad campaign tactics before? Please share your thoughts and ideas in the Comments section below.