8 Content Marketing Research Tools You Should Be Using
The digital marketing world may continue to change, but one thing’s for sure: content remains king. And what sets great content apart from the rest? In-depth content marketing research.
Understanding your audience, staying up-to-date on trends, and analyzing competitors are crucial steps in creating content that resonates and drives results. However, diving deep into research can sometimes feel impossible.
That’s where content marketing research tools come into play, streamlining the processes and turning challenges into opportunities. In this blog post, we explore some of the top content marketing research tools that have not only revolutionized the way we work, but are also part of our own toolkit.
Image Source: BuzzSumo
Have you ever wondered how some content creators always seem to know what’s trending? Or how they manage to connect with the top influencers in their niche? The secret weapon may be BuzzSumo. It’s certainly one of ours.
At its core, BuzzSumo is a tool designed to make your content marketing journey smoother and more informed. Let’s break down what it offers:
- Content discovery. BuzzSumo highlights trending topics in your niche. Just input a keyword, and you’ll see popular articles and posts. It’s a straightforward way to ensure your content aligns with current interests.
- Influencer outreach. Networking is crucial. BuzzSumo helps you identify and connect with leading influencers in your field. This can open doors to collaborations and partnerships.
- Content alerts. Stay updated. Set up alerts to know when your brand gets mentioned or to monitor competitors. It’s efficient and keeps you in the loop.
- Competitor analysis. Understand what your competitors are doing. BuzzSumo provides insights into their content strategy, helping you refine yours.
BuzzSumo is like a Swiss Army knife for content marketers. It offers a range of tools that, when used right, have the power to elevate your content game.
Image Source: Buffer
Buffer is a social media management tool that allows users to schedule, publish, and analyze their posts across multiple social media platforms. It’s designed to help individuals, businesses, and teams manage and streamline their social media activities.
Here are some key features and aspects of Buffer:
- Social media scheduling. Ever felt swamped trying to post content at the right times? With Buffer, you can schedule your posts in advance. This means you can plan your week or even month ahead, ensuring you’re always active when your audience is online.
- Performance analytics. Buffer offers insights into likes, shares, comments, and more. This way, you and I can see what resonates with our audience and adjust our strategy accordingly.
- Team collaboration. If you work with a team, Buffer’s got you covered. Collaborate seamlessly, assign tasks, and ensure everyone’s on the same page without any hiccups.
- Streamlined management. Switching between different social platforms can be tedious. Buffer brings them all under one roof, making it easier to manage and maintain a consistent brand voice.
Buffer is like having a personal assistant for your social media needs. It’s efficient, user-friendly, and designed to make our lives as content marketers a bit easier.
Image Source: Semrush
Semrush is a comprehensive digital marketing software suite that offers tools for SEO, paid advertising, content marketing, social media, and competitive research. It’s widely used by digital marketers, SEO professionals, and businesses (including us) to optimize their online presence.
Here are some of our favorite features and aspects of Semrush:
- Keyword research. Semrush provides data on keyword volume, competition, keyword difficulty, and more. This helps users identify potential keywords to target in their SEO and PPC campaigns.
- Site audit. This feature scans a website to identify technical SEO issues and provides recommendations for improvements.
- Competitor analysis. Users can analyze their competitors’ websites to see which keywords they’re ranking for, where they’re getting backlinks from, and their overall online strategy.
- Backlink analysis. Semrush offers insights into a website’s backlink profile, helping users understand which sites are linking to them and the quality of those links.
- Content analyzer. This tool evaluates the performance of online content and provides suggestions for optimization.
- Traffic analytics. Users can get insights into a website’s traffic sources, visitor behavior, and overall performance.
- Advertising research. This feature provides insights into competitors’ paid advertising strategies, including their ad keywords and budget.
- Social media toolkit. Semrush also offers tools to schedule, track, and analyze social media posts.
- Market explorer. This provides an overview of any market, identifying main players, audience interests, and seasonal trends.
Semrush is very versatile and powerful, especially if you use it to its full potential. It has a wealth of data and insights for anyone looking to make the most of their digital marketing efforts.
4. Constant Contact
Image Source: Constant Contact
Constant Contact is well-known in the marketing world as an email marketing platform that provides businesses with tools to create, send, and manage email campaigns. It’s specifically designed to help users reach their audience effectively and maintain engagement with subscribers.
Here are some key features and aspects of Constant Contact:
- Email templates. Not a design expert? No worries. Constant Contact offers a variety of ready-to-use templates. You can pick one, customize it to your liking, and send it out to your audience in no time.
- Campaigns. Whether you’re sending out monthly newsletters or special promotions, Constant Contact helps organize and manage your campaigns effortlessly.
- Analytics. After hitting that ‘send’ button, we all want to know how our emails are performing. With Constant Contact, we get insights into open rates, click-through rates, and more. This way, we can tweak our strategies based on real data.
- List management. Growing and managing an email list can be a chore. But with Constant Contact’s tools, segmenting subscribers, managing sign-ups, and ensuring your emails reach the right people becomes a breeze.
Constant Contact streamlines the email marketing process, offers valuable insights, and ensures we connect with our audience effectively.
Image Source: Asana
Asana is a web and mobile application designed to help teams organize, track, and manage their work. It’s essentially a project management tool that facilitates collaboration among team members, ensuring that tasks and projects are completed efficiently.
Here are some key features and aspects of Asana:
- Task management. With Asana, we can easily create, assign, and track tasks. Whether it’s a big project or a small to-do, everything finds its place. This way, nothing slips through the cracks.
- Project visualization. Ever wanted a bird’s-eye view of your project? Asana provides timelines and boards, allowing us to see the bigger picture and understand how each piece fits together.
- Team collaboration. In Asana, you can comment on tasks, share files, and discuss details, ensuring everyone’s on the same page and moving in the right direction.
- Workflows and automation. With Asana’s automation features, you can set up workflows that save time and reduce manual effort.
Essentially, Asana is like having a personal project manager. It keeps things organized, ensures smooth collaboration, and helps teams stay on top of their game.
6. Surfer SEO
Image Source: Surfer SEO
Surfer SEO is a cloud-based SEO optimization tool designed to help website owners, SEO professionals, and content creators improve their website’s search engine rankings. It provides data-driven insights and recommendations based on the analysis of top-ranking pages for specific keywords.
Here’s some key features and aspects of Surfer SEO:
- On-page analysis. With Surfer SEO, we can dive deep into our website’s pages to see how they stack up in terms of SEO. It gives insights into what’s working and what needs a tweak, ensuring our content is primed for search engines.
- SERP analyzer. Curious about who’s ranking at the top for certain keywords? Surfer SEO lets us peek at the top results, showing us what they’re doing right. This way, you and I can gather insights and refine our strategies.
- Content editor. Consistently creating SEO-friendly content isn’t an easy task. But with Surfer’s content editor, you can get real-time suggestions as you write.
- Keyword research. Finding the right keywords is crucial. Surfer SEO helps us discover keyword opportunities, ensuring our content resonates with what people are searching for.
In a nutshell, Surfer SEO provides actionable insights and recommendations to help improve your SEO. It’s designed to help users create content and optimize web pages based on data-driven analysis of what’s working for top-ranking pages in their niche.
7. Google Analytics
Image Source: Google Analytics
At MIG, we use Google Analytics every day to monitor our clients’ progress. Google Analytics is a free web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. It’s one of the most widely used tools for understanding and analyzing website performance and user behavior.
Here are some of our favorite features and aspects of Google Analytics:
- Website traffic. At a glance, Google Analytics shows us how many people visit our site, where they come from, and how long they stay. It’s like watching foot traffic in a physical store, helping us see our site’s popularity.
- User behavior. Curious about what visitors do on your site? Google Analytics tracks their journey, showing which pages they visit, how long they spend there, and the path they take. This way, you can understand what grabs their attention.
- Conversions. It’s not just about site visits; it’s about action. Whether it’s signing up for a newsletter or making a purchase, Google Analytics lets us see how well you’re meeting your goals.
- Audience insights. Want to know more about your visitors? Google Analytics provides data on their demographics, interests, and even the devices they use.
- Custom reports. Users can create custom reports tailored to their specific needs, filtering and organizing data in various ways.
Google Analytics gives website owners and digital marketers valuable insights into web performance and user behavior. It helps in making informed decisions to optimize the site and improve user experience.
8. The Hemingway Editor
Image Source: The Hemingway Editor
Writing is an art, science, and skill. And sometimes, we all need a little extra guidance to make our words really shine. At MIG, we like to use the Hemingway Editor as a second set of eyes on our human-generated, high quality content.
The Hemingway Editor is a digital writing tool designed to improve the clarity and readability of written content. Named after the famous American author Ernest Hemingway, known for his concise and clear writing style, this tool provides real-time feedback to writers.
Here are some key features of The Hemingway Editor:
- Readability check. Ever wondered if your writing is easy to understand? The Hemingway Editor highlights complex sentences and suggests simpler alternatives. This way, we can ensure our message is clear and accessible to everyone.
- Style suggestions. We all have those pesky habits, like using passive voice or too many adverbs. The Hemingway Editor points these out, helping you and me refine our writing style.
- Grammar and spell check. Small errors can slip through the cracks, but with The Hemingway Editor, they won’t go unnoticed.
- Word count and reading time. Keeping track of length can be crucial, especially for online content. The Hemingway Editor provides a word count and an estimated reading time, helping us gauge the length of our pieces.
The Hemingway Editor is our trusty sidekick in the writing journey. It offers feedback, suggestions, and insights that elevate our writing game. If you’re looking to polish your prose and communicate more effectively, The Hemingway Editor can do the trick.
Make the Most of Content Marketing Research Tools Today
Navigating the world of content marketing isn’t easy, but with the right tools in our arsenal, the journey becomes more manageable and effective.
From understanding what’s trending to refining your writing, each content marketing research tool offers unique capabilities that cater to different aspects of content creation and marketing. By leveraging these tools, you can ensure that our content not only reaches the right audience, but also resonates and leaves a lasting impact.
Are you ready to create the ultimate content experience? Check out our SEO Blog Writing Service or schedule a quick consultation to learn more about how Marketing Insider Group can help you earn more traffic and leads for your business.