Content marketing is one of the fastest-growing professions in the business world today. It’s essential for doing business in today’s digital environment.
So, whether you’re a business owner or key employee looking to start a blog, a newly graduated university student, or someone who wants to change careers, learning all the skills it takes to be a rockstar content marketer will help you advance in almost any field.
But you need to start somewhere. This beginners’ course in content marketing will take you from the bare basics to having marketable skills that can help you command a better salary or grow your business.
Discover why you should learn how to be an effective content marketer and how to get a leg up on your competition with a content marketing course that best suits your needs.
- Learning how to do content marketing is an effective strategy for building your business.
- If you’ve never done content marketing before, there are several content marketing courses suitable for beginning content marketers.
- Research content marketing courses carefully and choose the one that’s right for you.
Why Should I Learn Content Marketing?
Today’s customers won’t buy your product simply because you paid a fortune for a flashy ad. They’re skeptics at heart. You have to prove your case to them – earn their trust – before they hand over their hard-earned money.
3 ingredients drive customers’ buying decisions:
- Emotion: Your brain’s emotional side processes information 5 times faster than its rational side. That’s why content that evokes emotion drives sales upward by 23%. If you learn to create that kind of emotional content, your numbers, too, will rise.
- EAT: “EAT” stands for expertise, authority, and trust. Learning to create content that showcases your expertise without being salesy positions you as an authority in your field, and building trust in your brand is critical for content marketing success.
- Customer experience: 86% of buyers will pay more for products and services if they enjoy the experience, from initial awareness to the purchase itself. Content that nurtures them along the journey with compelling brand stories will provide experiences that elevate your brand well above its competitors.
Content marketing covers all three bases. Learn to do it well, and you’ll have a skill that will make you more valuable no matter what industry you’re in.
Truly, it is the future of marketing.
Get started by finding beginner-friendly content marketing courses that can teach you the basics and help you work toward a solid grasp of the topic.
Which Content Marketing Course for Beginners Is Best for Me?
Here are several content marketing courses that are well-suited to beginners yet provide a solid foundation in the skills you need to get started off on the right foot.
Don’t be intimidated by the title. Unlike masterclasses for musicians, where everyone’s a budding concert artist, this course is well-suited to beginners’ needs.
The course assumes nothing, starting with the basics and working its way to more complex topics. After completing the 3-1/2-hour course, you will receive a certificate of completion.
The course covers content creation and promotion, copywriting techniques, search engine optimization, email marketing, social media marketing, and other topics to get you up to speed on content marketing basics.
You’ll learn the phases of the buyer journey, explore which types of content are most effective at different points in that journey, improve your writing, learn how to repurpose past content to get better mileage out of it, and discover how to use content analytics to measure the results.
Google offers this 4-module content marketing course as a part of a longer course in digital marketing. It’s free, and it offers the possibility of certification – but only if you complete the digital marketing course.
This course is perfect if you have no background in content marketing at all or limited exposure to it. If you’re looking for something to get you started before enrolling in a more rigorous course, this would be a great choice.
The 3-hour course offers an overview of building brand awareness on social media, basic content marketing principles, and insights on using video content to inform and educate your target customers. Each video has a transcript, so if you prefer to digest information by reading, you can easily do so.
The video-based course tests your knowledge with a quiz at the end of the course. After the quiz, it provides you with a list of any areas you need to improve.
LinkedIn Learning offers a subscription plan in which you can gain access to all of its courses for a monthly fee. It does, however, offer a 1-month free trial.
If you pay monthly, you’re looking at $29.99 per month. If you pay annually, you’ll pay $19.99 per month. Like Google’s content marketing course, LinkedIn’s is part of a larger course in digital marketing and offers a certificate for completing the entire course.
LinkedIn tailored this course specifically to beginners’ needs, starting with what content marketing is, how to set up a content team, and most importantly – how to identify your target customers’ pain points and create a content plan that meets their needs – all in a two-hour video course.
It’s a great choice if you want to get up to speed quickly on content marketing basics or as a springboard for further learning.
While this course doesn’t cover all the bases of content marketing, it does do a good job of teaching newbie writers the basics of writing effective marketing content. It, too, is a subscription service with classes on a wide range of topics.
It offers a 7-day trial. If you opt for annual billing, it’s $13.99 a month afterward. However, if you’d rather learn on a month-to-month basis, it’s $32.00 after the free trial. And, if you’re a business owner, you can get a per-user rate for your teams.
This course teaches copywriting basics, headline creation (harder than you might think!), how to understand and communicate with your audience, making yawnworthy topics interesting, identifying and communicating your product’s advantages over your competitors, and of course, how to overcome writers’ block.
Taught by content strategist Sophie Tahran, this course takes students from the bare basics to more sophisticated techniques and processes. From the get-go, it teaches students that it’s not the quantity of content you churn out, but rather how well you tailor it to your target market’s needs that rakes in the revenue.
It’s the most pricey of the lot, with lifetime access to the course starting at $997. You can also combine it with a complete digital marketing course for $1997. The digital marketing option also comes with a team bundle if you’re looking to train a whole team.
This content marketing course also offers a certificate for completion. You’ll receive training on a wide range of topics, including:
- Content fundamentals
- Copywriting basics
- Writing effective calls to action and compelling messaging
- Optimizing content for search
- Creating content calendars
- Creating and achieving goals for your content
- Segmenting content for different audiences
- Selecting the best channels for publication
Like its title says, our goal is to help you create content that converts lookers into prospects and prospects into buyers. To get to that goal, you’ll learn how to rank for your target keywords, increase your organic web traffic, and get a return on your investment that will make a major difference in your bottom line.
This beginners’ content marketing course also includes 4 bonus mini-courses:
- The Business Case for Content Marketing
- How to Activate Your Employees for Marketing Success
- Presentations That Connect
- The Content Formula eBook
Your coursework will include modules that teach you how to create content for your specific market – and – it will teach you how to strategize, manage, and build your company’s content marketing program. Lessons include:
- How to Do Content Marketing With & Without a Budget
- How to Develop a Business Case and Mission Statement to Guide Your Efforts
- How to Create Content Across the Buyer Journey
- How to Distribute Your Content to the Channels Your Audience Uses the Most
- How to Apply Content Marketing Best Practices to Your Business
- How to Define Roles & Responsibilities for a Successful Content Marketing Program
- How to Calculate the ROI of Your Content Marketing Program
As a successful content marketer and strategist who has developed ROI-boosting programs for some of the top companies in the US and the world, I know what it takes to build a winning content marketing program from scratch. I’m here to help you do the same.
Because I believe in its potential to replicate its success in your business, this course comes with our “can’t lose” guarantee.
If you complete the course, build a content marketing program for your business but don’t show a measurable increase in your marketing ROI, you’ll receive back every penny you paid.
Usually, we offer this course for $792. But we’re currently offering the entire course for only $99. Enroll today!