I have to admit that I really geek out when I see a great piece of content.
Just look at this photo on the left from Flickr. Amazing! Right?
I really like to learn from my colleagues and peers around the world who I think are doing an amazing job of creating great content I wish I had a role in creating for my business.
Sure I could just gather up all the stuff my team and I created and promote it here. But that’s kind of totally against the point of content marketing: helping others with content they actually want or need.
In the Rise of Visual Storytelling I said that we need to become “voracious consumers and students” of great content. As part of that process, I am always collecting examples and new ideas of content marketing. Content that people actually want, like, consume and share.
Videos, Photos and Vines I Wish We Created
- A Conference Call in Real Life – This video from Tripp and Taylor is one of the funniest videos I’ve ever seen.
- What My Mom Does At GE “Childlike Imagination” – My kids know this commercial by heart and re-enact it all the time.
- Jean-Claude Van Damme’s Epic Split for Volvo – just awesome!
- Dove Real Beauty Sketches – Try keeping your eyes dry for this one.
- God Made A Farmer – Dodge Superbowl Commercial 2013
- This Video, Made by a Bank, Will Give You the Chills – From Hubspot
- Squarespace Superbowl Ad or these other 2014 Super Bowl Ads Worth Watching
- GE “Science Fair” Vines – bring out the child in all of us.
- Humor and B2B Marketing: A Love Story – The future of customer videos! This is an article by Ann Handley covering a video by the amazing and talented Tim Washer.
- Maersk on Facebook. Photos of ships! And 1.8 Million people like them See one great example here.
- The 62 Most Mesmerizing Photos From the Winter Olympics ~ By Leah Goldman at Business Insider
Articles I Wish We Wrote
- Extra Virgin Suicide ~ the NY Times Interactive Opinion piece shows how much of the Extra Virgin Olive Oil sold around the world may be labeled incorrectly.
- Leadership Is About Emotion ~ Meghan Biro talks on Forbes about the one trait shared by great leaders.
- What Can We Expect From The Next Decade of Marketing ~ By Forbes Contributor Greg Satell,
- Starbucks’ Tweetable Coffee Program is a Lesson in Real-Time Marketing ~By Sam Fiorella
- Here’s Where Teens Are Going Instead of Facebook ~ by By Forbes Contributor Parmy Olson
- Smithsonian Now Allows Anyone to 3D Print (Some) Historic Artifacts ~ By Forbes Contributor Eric Mack.
- Is Innovation Leading to a New Age of Productivity in the U.S.? ~ How big data is driving innovation from BusinessWeek.
Slideshares I Wish We Created
- Personal Branding for Human Resources – How to take risks and navigate the social web to advance your career by Laurie Ruettimann
- 52 Tools For Any Company to Innovate Like a Startup – by Nick De Mey, founder of the Board of Innovation
- 2014 Is Crunch Time – Ross Dawson believes these 14 trends will disrupt us all in 2014. More Trends and Predictions: The Biggest Trends of 2014, Enter Into the 4th Industrial Revolution
- What Would Steve Do? 10 Lessons from the World’s Most Captivating Presenters from HubSpot
- The Sharing Economy from Loic Le Meur (founder of LeWeb) which gave rise to The Collaborative Economy by Jeremiah Owyang
Curated Lists I Wish We Created
- 25 Places That Look Not Normal But Are Actually Real ~ Buzzfeed sponsores by Mini USA. Still one of the best sponsored posts.
- 19 Tweets That Will Make You Think Differently About Amazon’s Drones ~ Mashable
- 50 Powerful Statistics About Tech Mega Trends Affecting Every Business from Vala Afshar
- 6 Ways To Create Great Content ~ by Mark Schaefer
- 25 Unbelievable Travel Destinations You Never Knew Existed ~ By Megan Willett on Business Insider