29 Amazing Content Marketing Quotes To Inspire You
In our Strategy work, we help brands build and hone their content strategies, taking into consideration their marketing goals, brand positioning, and the competitive landscape.
In our research and conversations, we’ve come across insights from top marketers, business leaders, and content experts that have educated, motivated, and inspired us. Here are some of our favorites content marketing quotes. We hope you you find some inspiration in these.
Have other quotes you love? We’d love to hear from you!
- “Content Marketing is all the Marketing that’s left.” ~ Seth Godin (Tweet This!)
- “We need to stop interrupting what people are interested in and be what people are interested in.” ~ Craig Davis, former Chief Creative Officer at J. Walter Thompson. (Tweet This!)
- “Behind every tweet, share and purchase, there is a person. Care more about the person and less about the share.” ~ Shafqat Islam, CEO and Co-Founder at NewsCred (Tweet This!)
- “If great content is the hero, then banners are the villain.” ~ Michael Brenner, Head of Strategy at NewsCred (Tweet This!)
- “Banners have 99 problem and a click ain’t one.” ~ Scott Sorokin, Chief Strategy Officer at Razorfish (Tweet This!)
- “Marketing used to be about making a myth and telling it. Now it’s about telling a truth and sharing it.” ~ Marc Mathieu, Global SVP of Marketing at Unilever. (Tweet This!)
- “What really decides consumers to buy or not to buy is the content of your advertising not its form.” ~ David Ogilvy (Tweet This!)
- “Marketing is too important to be left to the marketing department.” ~ David Packard (Tweet This!)
- “The buyer journey is nothing more than a series of questions that must be answered.” ~ Analyst Firm IDC (Tweet This!)
- “What helps people, helps business.” ~ Leo Burnett (Tweet This!)
- “Content is king.” ~ Bill Gates (Tweet This!)
- “Advertising in the final analysis should be news. If it is not news, it is worthless.” ~ Adolph Ochs, former owner of The New York Times (Tweet This!)
- “Behind every piece of bad content is an executive who asked for it.” ~ Michael Brenner (Tweet This!)
- “Market like the year you are in.” ~ Gary Vaynerchuk, CEO and Co-Funder of Vayner Media (Tweet This!)
- “Content Marketing is a commitment, not a campaign.” ~ Jon Buscall, Head of Jontus Media (Tweet This!)
- “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about.” ~ Benjamin Franklin (Tweet This!)
- “Google is the new corporate homepage.” ~ Jeremiah Owyang, Founder of Crowd Companies (Tweet This!)
- “You need to create ridiculously good content – content that is useful, enjoyable and inspired.” ~ Ann Handley, Chief Content Officer, MarketingProfs (Tweet This!)
- “Traditional marketing talks at people. Content marketing talks with them.” ~Doug Kessler, Creative Director and Co-Founder at Velocity Partners (Tweet This!)
- “The aim of marketing is to get and keep a customer.” ~ Peter Drucker (Tweet This!)
- “Content builds relationships. Relationships are built on trust. Trust drives revenue.” ~ Andrew Davis, Author of Brandscaping (Tweet This!)
- “Your brand is not what you sell.” ~ John Iwata, IBM (Tweet This!)
- “Content is the reason search began in the first place.” ~ Lee Odden, CEO of Toprank Online Marketing (Tweet This!)
- “When creating content, be the best answer on the internet.” ~ Andy Crestodina, Co-Founder of Orbit Media (Tweet This!)
- “Content is king, but distribution is queen. And she wears the pants.” ~ Jonathan Perelman, Buzzfeed (Tweet This!)
- “The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing.” ~ Tom Fishburne, Founder and CEO Marketoon Studios (Tweet This!)
- “Brands need to take the phrase ‘acting like a publisher’ literally.” ~ Dietrich Mateschitz, CEO of RedBull (Tweet This!)
- “Connect with your audience through stories people love.” ~ Shafqat Islam (Tweet This!)
- “Content marketing represents the gap between what brands produce and what consumers actually want.” ~ Michael Brenner (Tweet This!)
Please follow me on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Google+ or Subscribe here for regular updates.
This article originally appeared on The NewsCred Blog.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get the latest updates from the Marketing Insiders and receive 10 Content Marketing ROI Formulas and Calculations from my book The Content Formula.