The fact is that Digital, Social, and Mobile technologies have dramatically changed the world we live in and the businesses we work for. But no function has been more disrupted more than marketing.
Since the pandemic, many small businesses have rushed online in hopes of saving their revenue. Unfortunately, too many fall into the trap of hiring eager social media managers, creative branding and ad agencies, and wasting their precious dollars on chasing uninterested and tired eye balls.
The effective business today understands the distracted world we live in. The savvy entrepreneur sees that the best way to grow is to reach people with content they want and need.
We believe in customer-centric approaches to business growth. We deliver content marketing services that attract the right kind of buyers for a fraction of what you would spend on even a single ad!
And we only work with people who understand that you need to invest a small amount, consistently over time, to build something great! So with that in mind, we have created these 99 business facts to help you understand the world we live in, how to thrive, and how to win with your marketing.
🤫 PS – I put together these 10 tips for optimizing your content marketing. Watch Now!
99 Business Facts To Inspire Your Marketing in 2022
- 73% of people surveyed wouldn’t care if the brands they use disappeared from their life.
- Car companies and Cereal makers spend the most advertising on TV.
- Employees report that Tuesday is the most productive day of the workweek.
- 93% of all company website visits start with a search engine.
- Companies will spend $850 Billion on ads by 2024.
- 96% of marketers admit their advertising was a waste of money.
- P&G, Chase Bank, and Uber slashed their ad budgets during the pandemic and reported exactly ZERO impact on their sales revenue.
- 53% of US consumers would leave their internet / cable provider if they had a choice.
- US consumers receive 7,000 marketing messages every single day.
- Newspapers have lost $55 Billion in advertising revenue since 2000. Now estimated at just under $10 Billion.
- 20-40% of the clicks on paid ads are fraudulent.
- 88% of Millionaires in the US are Self-Made Entrepreneurs
- The average click-through rate of $3B worth of PPC ads by Wordstream was 0.2%
- 75% of marketers saw positive returns from their content marketing efforts.
- 70% of small businesses like ours are operated by a single person.
- CEOs and boards will no longer accept marketing that isn’t driving real business results.
- 99% of entrepreneurs come from extremely rich or lower-middle class backgrounds.
- Only 46% trust government leaders to tell the truth. 49% trust CEOs. Scientists are the most trusted (75%).
- 67% of B2B marketers report their #1 goal is increasing sales leads.
- More than 70% of customers surveyed believe small businesses are more concerned about their needs than larger companies.
- Only 2-5% of all website traffic comes from social media.
- Only 18% of sales on e-commerce sites comes from paid ads. 80% comes organically.
- 97% of self-employed people don’t plan on returning to traditional work.
- Employee social networks are 10x larger than the brands they work for.
- It is 6 to 7 times more expensive to acquire new customers then it is to keep a current one.
- Inbound marketing costs per lead are 62% less than outbound marketing.
- Email marketing and content marketing deliver higher ROI than any other marketing tactic.
- Content on the internet grew 10x between 2010 and 2020. Video grew 20x.
- Marketing is defined as a conversation between a company and it’s potential customers.
- Worldwide, nearly 4 billion people are working, but nearly half work in farming, small household enterprises, or in casual or seasonal day labor.
- More than 750 million young people are neither working nor studying.
- India is adding a million new workers every month. Equal to the entire population of Sweden joining the labor force every year for 20 years..
- Fathers in the US have nearly tripled their time with their children since 1965. Today’s mothers spend more time with their children than mothers did in the 1960s.
- By 2050 more than 40% of the world’s population will live under severe water stress.
- Before the pandemic, the global rate of extreme poverty fell to 20%, less than half the 1990 rate of 43%
- We check our phones more than 150 times per day.
- 40 years after Walmart launched single-store retail businesses declined by 55%
- 90% of all internet data is video.
- Google was originally called Backrub (ewww!)
- There was a 3rd founder of Apple who sold his 10% stake for $800
- The Marlboro Man died of lung cancer.
- Over 40% of the companies that were at the top of the Fortune 500 in 2010 were no longer there in 2020.
- In the year 2000, a company called Blockbuster denied an offer to buy a startup named Netflix for $50 million.
- Slack is the fastest company to reach $2 Billion.
- One-third of the US population visits a Walmart each week.
- The famous sound of Windows Operating System’s startup was created on an Apple Mac.
- In 1974 Fedex was going bankrupt so their founder took the $5,000 to Vegas and turned it into $32,000 playing roulette. Today FedEx is worth more than $30 Billion.
- Apple’s retina displays are manufactured by Samsung.
- In the 1990’s, a Kodak engineer predicted the company would fail unless it moved to digital. They went bankrupt in 2012 just as Facebook was acquiring Instagram for $1 Billion.
- “Mayfair” filtered pictures on Instagram get the most likes.
- Rubik’s cubes are the highest-selling product of all-time. iPhones are second.
- Amazon makes all it’s employees at every level spend 2 days every year doing customer service
- Most bottled water is just filtered tap water
- Disney employees do 18,980 loads of laundry every single day
- In 2018, the CEO of Coca-Cola (the world’s most recognized brand) said that “brand advertising has no value.” while arguing for more social and sustainable practices.
- 99% of all US businesses are Small Businesses (fewer than 500 employees), equating to 33 million companies
- 46% of small businesses have 1–5 full-time or part-time employees.
- Small businesses account for about 64% of all jobs created (1.5 million as of 2020)
- 60% of people that start Small Businesses are between 40 and 60
- Covid rendered around 31% of businesses in the US non-operational
- Younger generations are 188% more likely to start a new business
- 20% of small businesses fail in the first year and that number rises to 50% at five years
- The average small business last 8.5 years.
- Cash flow is responsible for as much as 82% of all small business failures. Oh I feel that. Pay your invoices people!
- 52% of small businesses cite labor quality as their biggest challenge
- 64% of small businesses use social media (even though it only drives 2-5% of traffic and leads for the average business).
- 49% of small businesses do online advertising (even though it drives less than 8% of all traffic and leads for the average business).
- 85% of small businesses utilize digital technology
- Women are 50% less likely than men to get approved for a business loan
- Only 61% of small businesses have a website
- In 2021, there were 5.2 Billion internet users.
- There are almost 2 billion websites on the world wide web.
- 3.1 billion internet users are also social media users.
- 43% of the world uses WordPress to power their websites.
- The most popular social; media apps are Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, WeChat, and Instagram.
- Despite what most people think, 92% of all online feedback is considered positive, while only 2% is negative.
- 71% of people don’t trust sponsored ads, 69% don’t trust advertisements, and 65% don’t trust press releases.
- The top 3 methods for lead generation include email, event, and content marketing.
- 25% of small businesses have no idea what their lead generation conversion rates are.
- Content marketing gets 3x the leads per dollar spent when compared to paid search efforts.
- Content marketing also generates 3x as many leads as outbound marketing, but costs 62% less.
- Small businesses with blogs get 126% more lead growth than those without.
- Websites with blog content have 434% more search engine-indexed webpages.
- Publishing 8 blog posts a month will garner you about 2x more business.
- TechCrunch, TED, CNN, and the National Football League all use simple old WordPress as their CMS.
- Companies that blog receive 97% more links to their website.
- Organic traffic improves by up to 157% with added video content.
- 43% of people want to see more video content from marketers.
- 85% of Facebook video content is viewed without sound.
- People tend to stay on webpages 2.6x longer if there’s video content.
- Automated emails can boost revenue by as much as 320%.
- Email is 40x more effective at acquiring new customers than social media
- Including a call to action button instead of a link boosts conversion rates by as much as 28%.
- Half of all small and medium-sized businesses use marketing automation software to send drip campaigns and keep people engaged.
- The shelf life of a piece of social content is 7 seconds on Twitter and 3 hours in Facebook
- The average consumer sees 3 pieces of content before making a purchase
- The average Business buyer consumers 21 pieces of content before making a purchase
- The average business purchase decision involves 17 people
- 29% of Millennials find love through Facebook while 33% are dumped via wall posts or text messages
Looking for more traffic to your website with weekly blog articles, a full year content plan, and monthly reporting? Set up a quick call, so we can get started today.
Some more interesting business facts in video
Some additional business facts about some of your favorite brands
If you’re not fully equipped to create a consistent content marketing plan at this time, start somewhere. Refresh your outdated content with purpose, adding value, updating links, and incorporating eye-catching graphics.
Have you seen compounding returns on your evergreen content? We’d love for you to share your personal experience with us in the comments below.
If you are ready to get more traffic to your site with quality content published consistently, check out our Content Marketing Services.
2 thoughts on “Business Facts To Inspire Your Marketing”
very interesting facts, thanks
Thanks Irfan. We just updated the list with some more recent information if you are interested.
Comments are closed.